Monday, January 12, 2009

I knew Arshad had come back from his home town that morning and was perhaps in bathroom having showers, though I had still not got out of my bed. It was too early for me, and even if Miyan had come back there was no reason for me to disturb my late morning sleep :).

But I was forced to get up - somebody was ringing the bell, and was hell bent on getting us out. (Normally salesmen etc used to get frustrated after sometime and leave, but this guy persisted).

Khair, I had to get out of bed, and from our second floor landing I asked, "what do u want".

"Arre that saab has not paid me, I m the auto vala, have brought him in my auto, he said he'll give get the money from the house and give, but he vanished"

"Wait, I said", and with not very pleasant thoughts about Miyan in my mind I shouted to him,
"Miyan, you have nt paid the auto guy, should I pay him"?

"No, ask him to wait for two minutes, I ll come and pay".

Well, I did that.

Arshad miyan, after finishing his shower aaraam se, came out, shaved, had something for breakfast, in between shouting to the auto vala, "2 minute bhaiya".
Finally, fully ready for the office, he stepped out.

"Miyan, itni der tak wait karvaya ... why did u not allow me to pay him, poor fellow"

"Arre yaar, abhi pay kar dete to bhaag jaata, abhi isi se main office chala jaoon ga "

:) ... and I thougth harrassment was one way, from the auto valas to commuters :)

No comments: